Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 6 Update


Moon in the Eye of the Needle
Spent my last day in the Rapid city area riding my favorite routes. After two failed attempts, I finally captured the moon through the needle's eye at the summit of the Needles Highway. 


I had a slight delay getting through the summit tunnel as there was a momma mountain sheep and her kid blocking the tunnel while licking minerals from the walls. 


I managed to avoid the numerous heavy thunderstorms circling the region most of the afternoon. Just hit a few brief sprinkles and some wet roads heading back to my hotel in Rapid City. 


Tomorrow starts longer days as I head out for Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 

On Wednesday, I will be going through the Tetons and Yellowstone on my way to Billings, Montana, to say hello to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. 


Mt. Sheep in the tunnel






No comments: