Tuesday, August 7, 2018


Day 7 Update

I had a perfect day for the leg from Rapid City to Jackson WY. I have now logged 2,491 miles. I crossed the continental divide and saw deer, antelope, elk (all well off the roadway). I rode along the Wind River Valley to the lake above.
Wind River Valley


The Grand Tetons were enveloped in haze, I assume from the fires burning in California. 

Grand Tetons 
Traffic in Jackson Hole was very congested--even had the horses double parked! 


Horses Double Parked
The city park entrance made from discarded antlers was an interesting landmark. 


Unique City Park Entrance in Jackson Hole
Planning to head out early to beat the crowd here. It will be 42 degrees here tonight, so definitely heading into some cooler weather. I will try to send some to Kansas!

Tomorrow I'll be riding through Yellowstone and over the Bear Tooth Pass through Red Lodge to Billings, where I will spend the afternoon visiting family. 

No comments: