Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The route


 
I finalized my route over the weekend. This image flags my planned stops along the route. I will again be riding through several National Parks and lots of mountain routes. In all I will pass through 11 states during the challenge ride.  
The adventure beginnings tomorrow morning August 5. My live tracker will show current position and instructions show how to review my route history as well.  From Topeka I will head directly to Rapid City, SD to spend a few days visiting friends camped near Mt. Rushmore and enjoy riding scenic roads around the area before resuming the route on Monday morning August 10.  During the weekend I will collect a some memorabilia at the 80th Sturgis motorcycle rally and also take a slight detour of 320 miles (one way) to visit my 100 year old Mother-in-Law in Billings, MT, given my route this year does not include venturing farther into the Northwest. 
On Monday, August 10 I will leave South Dakota and head through Wyoming into Colorado to overnight in the Denver area. Tuesday, 8/11 will be a full day of riding in the Colorado mountain to Montrose, CO.  Wednesday the route is through Utah, and Arizona via Four Corners, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon.  After an overnight stay in Flagstaff I will ride through Sedona, AZ to Phoenix for lunch with some Christian Motorcycle Association friends before making my way to Albuquerque Thursday night 8/13.  I will have a final day of mountain riding in New Mexico before dropping south through Texas and Oklahoma for my final night on the road in Liberal, KS . I will definitely make time to stop my final day for a wonderful lunch and homemade pie at the Carriage Crossing in Yoder, KS before making my way back home.  Thanks to all who have pledged in support of the Starfish fund!
   

3 comments:

Traci Carson said...

Hey Bryan,

Praying for you.

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for the love you have for
all of us and for teaching us how to share your
love with others. Be with Bryan as he is riding
and draw him closer to you as he sees some of your
beautiful creation. Protect him from sickness and
danger. May your will be done in his life. Amen"

Blessings,
Traci Carson

John said...

Wow! What a great adventure you have planned. Thanks for sharing this with us. Be careful and have a blast!

Woodys said...

Be safe. You are in our prayers.