Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Day one in the books


Like preparing for most vacations, I stayed up waaay too late Monday and Tuesday night getting work projects completed. The end result, I was a little later leaving than originally planned this morning. 

However, I think it was Divine intervention as I was able to completely avoid a couple of thunderstorms in northwestern Nebraska and the Black Hills of South Dakota. Had I left earlier, I would have definitely got wet.  

The day was absolutely perfect for riding as temperatures stayed in the 70s until well into the afternoon. After a couple of hours of temperatures in the 80s, the previously mentioned thunderstorms cooled things off, paving my way into Rapid City.  

In all, I covered 752 miles today. And after very little sleep the last two nights, I am definitely ready to turn in. Tomorrow is scheduled to include Custer State Park and possibly Badlands National Park. 

No comments: