Friday, August 14, 2020

Day Ten

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas

After the previous day of riding through what felt at times like a blast furnace, today’s temperatures in the 90's felt almost like a cold front   

The roads into the southern Rocky Mountains in New Mexico and into southwestern Kansas had relatively light traffic .The ride through Santa Fe and the Cimarron Valley on Highway 64 was beautiful. I even stopped for a rest along the brook that flowed down the Cimarron valley.

The thunderstorms around be created some welcoming shade as I kissed the corner of Texas and into Oklahoma on Highway 56.  I only encountered one brief rainstorm for about three miles, which was just enough to wash the few bug splats off my windshield. I made it safely to my hotel and secured dinner before the thunderstorms rolled through Liberal.

Tomorrow looks like an easy ride home.  Still deciding if the homemade lemon pie at the Carriage Crossing restaurant in Yoder is enough to divert me from a straight shot home.   

Mileage through today is 4813.






No comments: