Monday, August 10, 2020

Day Six

Bear Tooth Pass & Yellowstone National Park

Due to my route change, I had a 12-hour ride scheduled for today.  The Wyoming road construction crews decided to add about two more hours to that schedule, but I made it safely to Denver just before 7:00 PM mountain time.   

If I took the average temperature today, the riding temperature was perfect.  Actual temperatures, not so much.  The temperature at the top of Bear Tooth Highway Pass dipped to 34 degrees and the plains of Wyoming topped out in the upper 90s. 

Due to the road closures down the east side of Yellowstone, I had to loop farther west into the park but it gave me a chance to see more geysers and the Yellowstone Falls, lots of deer, antelope, and buffalo. The wind river valley was beautiful as well. 

More adventures in Colorado planned for tomorrow.

Mileage today at 2639   








No comments: