Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Day Seven

 Colorado

After spending Monday night with my good friends, Mike and Cathy Campbell, Cathy and her mom made sure I wasn’t starting the day hungry. After a hearty breakfast, I headed out to traverse canyons, valleys, and mountain passes throughout central Colorado. 

Just like riding through Yellowstone on Monday, the sun glistening off the water made the rivers appear to be liquid gold. The charred stumps from previous forest fires stood at attention like black bears sitting up on their haunches as I rode past. The scenery and weather were both perfect again today. A little haze from distant forest fires but still beautiful scenery.

The roads were a little more crowded than in central Wyoming, where I saw more antelope than vehicles on many of the roads. I had only a few delays around Aspen, where I think the entire state of Colorado is vacationing. It was interesting to see all the “plane-ports” at the Aspen airport for all the private jets.

Tomorrow will include the San Juan mountain range then into the desert plains of Utah and Arizona. I will catch four corners and the southern edge of the Grand Canyon before ending up in Flagstaff for the night. 

Mileage through today is 3134










1 comment:

Traci said...

Wow - Your photos are great! Thank you for sharing.