Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Day 14 Update

Tuesday was the final day on my journey back home to Topeka. Seeing rain in the forecast for central Kansas I opted for the route across highway 160 up to I-70 just east of the Colorado border.  The ride over Wolf Creek Pass on highway 160 did provide me one last opportunity to sit patiently for a road construction delay.
Wolf Creek Pass
I know many were praying for my safe journey and Tuesday as I rode across Kansas it seemed the rain clouds parted and I had a completely dry ride home. 

The 14 day journey took me to 10 states and 10 National Parks. In total I traversed 6,558  miles counting the planned route and the numerous day trips around Rapid City, SD along with some forced backtracking due to fires in California and routes through the various National Parks.  Thank you to all your prayers for a safe journey. I definitely felt covered as I traveled.  The only casualties of the ride were two small sparrows that zigged when they should have zagged. 

For those of you who pledged in support of the Starfish Initiative, or if you would like to support, you can reach out directly to Wanamaker Woods Church or click the link to the right for a pledge form.  Mark checks "Starfish Challenge" or Harley Challenge." All pledge payments are tax deductible and should be sent directly to Wanamaker Woods Church, 3501 SW Wanamaker, Topeka, KS  66614. 

Until the next adventure, this wraps the 2018 Challenge.

No comments: