Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Day 13 Update


Zion at Dawn

Day 13 started out before 5:30 am to allow time to enjoy the ride through the parks. I wasn't disappointed. Zion at dawn was beautiful. I rode through Red Canyon to Bryce Canyon. It was spectacular with many stunning vistas. The cliffs and mesas east of Bryce Canyon were truly breathtaking. 


Bryce Canyon

Capital Reef


Highway 12 through a massive canyon and over the top of the vast mesa just before Boulder, Utah, was very impressive. Next up was Capital Reef where many formation looked like majestic castles. One formation resembled a massive ark. Next up was Arches, with many wonderful views. 


Red Canyon

Bryce Canyon


Arches National Park

The ride to Colorado and down highway 550 over Red Mountain through Silverton on the Million Dollar Highway to Durango is always exciting. 

I was able to avoid the random thunderstorms this afternoon in Colorado mountains. Tomorrow for my last leg home, I may see my first significant rain in Western Kansas. At least that's the weather forecast. Through the ride today, I now have logged 5,725 miles. 

No comments: