Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 11 Update

Left Reno to beat the Saturday traffic around Lake Tahoe and got a good photo of the lake at dawn. 
Lake Tahoe at Dawn
The smoke obscured the mountain vistas from highway 4. I got within 5 miles of my connecting road in Yosemite before discovering it was closed due to the fires. I was still able to ride about 10 miles into the open area of the park before backtracking. The backtrack and reroute added over 90 minutes to my day, so I rode nearly 15 hours today and have now logged 4,646 miles this trip.

I rode through King's Canyon and Sequoia National Parks and saw the General Sherman Tree. The valley views were still great, even with the smoke. 

I had a nice visit with Rob and Lynn Brooks  and will worship with their church in Tehachapi CA tomorrow before heading to Saint George UT. 
Kings Canyon (1)
Kings Canyon (2)
Mosquito Lake on CA Hwy 4

General Sherman Sequoia



No comments: