Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 10 Update



I left Nampa, ID early to beat the heat and rode past several fertile farms and orchards and into the area bluffs. The road soon opened up into hot, barren desert. The mountains in the distance were hazy from all the California fires. 

I arrived in Reno late this afternoon, where I relaxed in the AC of the Harley Davidson dealership while the service department changed my oil. The bonus was they also washed the four days accumulation of bugs and road grime off my bike. I logged 3,990 miles so far on my road trip.

I now head into California where the fires may alter my travels into Tehachapi, where my good friends Rob and Lynn Brooks now live. 

Tomorrow, I will be navigating rugged mountain roads along the Sierra Nevada mountains. I plan to get an early start to beat the Saturday traffic around Lake Tahoe. The scenery tomorrow should be better than all the sage brush, rocks and sand I saw today.

Thanks for you continued encouragement and prayers for my safety.





No comments: