Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day Four

Billings, Montana

Some of you have asked about my hotel in Rapid City. I know it looks like I stayed in an old barn or warehouse, but the satellite image must have been taken some time ago. Since then, the barn was replaced by a Residence Inn. So no, I was not roughing it in Rapid City!

With my decision to spend Saturday night in Billings MT with family, I decided to ride a few of my favorite routes around Mt. Rushmore and also take one last ride down a now very crowded Sturgis Main Street before heading west.

Riding West into Montana one can see why it’s called “big sky” country. 

While relaxing at Rebecca’s Nephew’s home in Billings, I was greeted by a fawn and his mama in the backyard.

Tomorrow I will take off to celebrate my Sister-in-law's birthday and see my Mother-in-law.
My route will resume Monday with a ride over Bear Tooth Highway and mountains in western Wyoming.






No comments: