Friday, August 3, 2018



Needles Highway



Eye of the Needle



















Day 3 Update



Today was another perfect day for riding. I rode the needles highway and looped back around Mt. Rushmore. I was a bit late to catch the moon through the eye of the needle at the summit so may try another day.

I rode another new route up Spearfish canyon along a crystal clear stream to the town of Spearfish--beautiful country to see. I also spent some time at Black Hills Harley Davidson admiring a lot of custom bikes and custom accessories which I can live without. (At least that is what Rebecca would definitely say.) 

At lunch I met three couples from Lenexa, KS and another gentleman, who owns a hotel in Jamestown, CA. I will be riding past Jamestown as I head to Tehachapie. Coincidence, I think not. 

I did pick up the obligatory tee shirt so now I can check the 2018 Sturgis rally off the list. I will spend the next three days riding a few routes again and experiencing some of the food at a few rally stops. 

The mile tally thus far is a bit over 1100 miles. Thanks all for your continued prayers to keep me safe.  

  

No comments: